Mind Australia supports clients to live independent, productive and satisfying lives through a comprehensive range of services.
Mind Australia Limited is one of the country's leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers. We have been supporting people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for 40 years.
Currently, we have over 60 service sites throughout Australia that, this year, will support over 12,000 Australians on their personal recovery journeys.
Through the relationships we build with our clients and their carers, and the practical assistance we offer, we help people to gain better mental health and improve the quality of their lives. This includes helping people with the things that make them feel strong and healthy, such as being in control of their life, being resilient and participating in the community. We also work with people to address poverty, housing, education and employment. It is an approach to mental health and wellbeing that looks at the whole person in the context of their daily life.
From our years of experience, we know that every individual's journey to a life of meaning and purpose is a very personal one, which is why we are committed to helping each individual achieve their dreams.
We have a range of services, both residential and out in the community, allowing us to respond to the variety of people's support needs. These include:
- helplines that provide information, guidance and referrals
- outreach support services that provide 1-to-1 practical help and motivational support
- support coordination for those who need a lot of different health and social services
- residential programs that provide a safe, supportive environment in which to work more intensively on recovery (both youth and adult-oriented services)
- psychological counselling and therapy
- group activities that offer social connection and mutual support
- courses and workshops for skill building and helping people learn how to manage their health and wellbeing
- online forums where peers can share their insights and support each other, and
- support for families and carers so they can have some respite from the demands of caring.
We work hard to engage with families, friends and other carers to involve them in decisions about their loved one’s care. We also have support services specifically for carers.
The Strategy Plan 2016 - 2020 confirms our vision as one of Australia’s leading mental health and disability providers within the new NDIS landscape. It reflects our commitment to providing quality services to consumers empowered with more choice and control. These services, along with our increasing number of psychological counselling services and health contracts, are aligned with our purpose to help people to gain better mental health, and improve the quality of their lives. View the animated presentation or download Mind's Strategy Plan 2016 - 2020.
Mind Australia Limited is an incorporated company limited by guarantee, not for profit organisation that receives the majority of its funding from State and Federal Government.
We acknowledge the importance of this funding and collaboration in working with us to support people’s mental health recovery within the communities we work. Mind is also supported by a diverse range of trusts, foundations, community organisations and individuals. We are particularly grateful to our many regular donors that contribute to our iMind program which funds several initiatives.