iMind Donors make a positive difference
iMind is our regular giving program which commenced in August 2009. Since then thousands of supporters have made a personal commitment after learning how people’s lives have changed through receiving appropriate services that support them to achieve their aspirations. Whist Mind values government funding, we do require support from the Australian public to fund some independent initiatives that are important to our clients' recovery.
The generosity of iMind donors enables us to have a regular source of income, both now and in the future. Mind can implement long-term initiatives, safe in the knowledge that the funding will be available.
Notice to donors - Tax receipts for donations made in the 2015-16 financial year will be posted in the first week of July. If your mailing address has changed please email the new details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 286 463. Thank you for your continued support of people with mental ill-health.
Why should iMind?
- One in five Australians aged between 16-85 will experience some form of mental ill-health each year.
- More Australians die from suicide each year than from road deaths or from skin cancer.
- It is estimated that 180 Australians attempt suicide every day.
- 85% of homeless people are estimated to have a mental illness.
- Mental ill-health is the biggest cause of disability in Australia, costing our economy $20 billion each year.
- There is evidence that getting help early will assist people in their recovery.
How your support makes a difference
Each year Mind reviews and assesses which areas require your support the most. Mind has committed that in this financial year, a minimum of 80% of all iMind contributions will go to these key areas: