Students at Mind
Thank you for your interest in undertaking a student placement with Mind.
Mind receives many requests from students seeking placement. Due to a high level of requests we currently do not have any vacancies.
If vacancies do arise for the remainder of 2017, we will post an update here.
General information for students seeking placement at Mind
Securing a student placement is competitive and time consuming, as you may have found out.
To help you to save time before enquiring about a placement with Mind, please think about the following. These are the criteria we use to assess your application.
- Are you genuinely interested in the mental health field? And are you interested in supporting the recovery of people with mental health issues?
- Are you undertaking studies at Certificate 4 or above in Mental Health, Social Work, Art Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health Peer Work or Community Services?
- Are you at least 70% through your course theory? Will you have a strong theoretical background by the time you wish to start placement?
- Do you have a current and valid: Police check + Working with Children check?
- Are you available for at least 120 hours of placement?
- Are you willing to travel outside your geographical area?
- Can you fit in at least 2 days of placement per week in your schedule?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all the above, please enquire with us about applying for a placement at firstname.lastname@example.org when vacancies arise.