Changes in our outreach services
Mind is continuing to provide personalised support in our outreach programs.
- worked with clients to ensure they have access to telephone and online technology to support virtual face-to-face engagement and telehealth interventions where appropriate
- maintained face-to-face contact for clients who need in-person support
- implemented physical distancing and safe universal infection and control practices.
Changes in our residential services
Mind-managed residential services are in full operation.
Mind staff are maintaining our rigorous hygiene procedures and working closely with our partners to ensure we have a secure supply chain of protective and essential supplies and are prepared for any situation.
- introduced temporary physical distancing measures to keep everyone safe and well while maintaining social connection
- suspended formal group activities
- temporarily limited visitors to essential services only
- separated staff into teams to minimise staff-to-staff contact
- made preparations in the event we need to support a client through self-isolation
- put in place a system to check staff are well before they start work to reduce risk
- put in place standby teams to maintain continuity of support in the event of any staff members contracting COVID-19
- ensured clients are staying connected with friends and family, through phone calls and virtual catch-ups.
Changes in our Mind centres
NDIS support services are continuing but we have temporarily closed our day service centres and suspended formal group activities in regions it is necessary to do so to adhere to public physical distancing regulations.
People receiving outreach support services have been contacted by their support worker so they can discuss the best way to maintain their support during this period, including phone, or video conferencing if available.
24/7 mental health helplines
Please note that Mind Australia does not have a 24-hour helpline. We are aware of a social media post about a 24/7 phone line doing the rounds that references Mind, but this is a UK number for Mind UK.
For phone support we recommend the services listed below.
Anyone feeling anxious or depressed
1300 22 4636
Counselling for young people aged 5 to 25
1800 55 1800
Men with emotional or relationship concerns
1300 78 99 78
Veterans and families counselling
1800 011 046
Anyone having a personal crisis
13 11 14
Suicide Call Back Service
Anyone thinking about suicide
1300 659 467
Is it an emergency? If you or someone you know is at immediate risk of harm, call triple zero (000)