Thank you for your interest in undertaking a student placement with Mind.
Mind receives many requests from students seeking placement. Due to a high level of requests we currently do not have any vacancies. If vacancies do arise, we will post an update here.
General information for students seeking placement at Mind.
Securing a student placement is competitive and time consuming, as you may have found out.
To help you to save time before enquiring about a placement with Mind, please review the questions below. These are the criteria we use to assess your application:
- Are you genuinely interested in the mental health field? And are you interested in supporting the recovery of people with mental health issues?
- Are you undertaking studies at Certificate 4 or above in mental health, social work, art therapy, occupational therapy, mental health peer work or community services?
- Are you at least 70% through your course theory? Will you have a strong theoretical background by the time you wish to start placement?
- Do you have a current and valid: Police Check + Working with Children Check?
- Are you available for at least 120 hours of placement?
- Are you willing to travel outside your geographical area?
- Can you fit in at least 2 days of placement per week in your schedule?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all the above, please enquire with us about applying for a placement at firstname.lastname@example.org when vacancies arise.