Location: Victoria (Melbourne, Bendigo, Gippsland only). Queensland (Brisbane, Logan, Gold Coast only) or telehealth Australia-wide.
Our team of Mental Health Occupational Therapists provide support to people to develop the skills they need to do everyday activities. This can include:
- Daily living skills: including self-care, home duties and community engagement.
- Daily routine: Working with you to understand how you spend your time and develop strategies to improve routines that you help you achieve better balance in your day-to-day life.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Supporting you to develop skills and strategies to maintain and grow relationships important to you.
- Community Connection: Working with you to learn about areas of interest, finding ways to connect you with your identified interest areas (including leisure) within the community
- Psycho-social counselling: Our team provides a safe space to discuss and implement strategies to help you with life’s obstacles.
We work to understand where your unique recovery journey and provide a range of clinical assessments based on your needs, this includes:
- Functional Assessments: To better understand your ability to undertake daily living tasks
- Assistive Technology: includes technology requirements that would support you to complete activities of daily living.
- Sensory Assessments: Understanding how your body processes the information it receives and developing strategies to support regulating how you process emotions
- Housing (including ILO, SIL and SDA)
Who is Occupational Therapy for?
To be eligible for the program you must:
- Have an NDIS package
- Have funding within your Capacity Building funding of your NDIS plan for an Occupational Therapist.
- Be over the age of 16, however should a request for services for under 16 be received, this will be reviewed to ensure Mind has the capacity to meet the individuals needs appropriately
Mind offers this service in Victoria (Melbourne, Bendigo, Gippsland only). Queensland (Brisbane, Logan, and Gold Coast regions). We also provide telehealth service Australia-wide.
How do I register my interest in NDIS Occupational Therapy?
More information on Mind’s Allied Health services.