Mind’s focus is on an individual’s strengths, values and preferences.
Online resources to support mental health
People of all ages turn to the internet for information, and increasingly for treatment, support, and assistance with mental health challenges. A range of services have emerged in the online environment:
- Online counselling and telephone counselling
- Self help programs
- Mutual support sites
- Information websites, including sites that particularly target young people, such as headspace and Inspire.
Some sites that may be useful include
- Healthtalk Australia carers resource - excellent resources for carers (video and audio). Find out what it is like to care for loved ones experiencing severe mental health problems by seeing and hearing carers’ stories. View Mental health: carers' experiences. For more carer resources visit the Mind carer resource hub.
- Healthtalk Australia supported decision making resource - find out about what it is like to experience severe mental health problems by seeing and hearing people’s stories on film and audio-recording. Visit the Mental health and supported decision making resource.
- CRUfADclinic.org - now known as THIS WAY UP clinic - a suite of internet based courses for people with anxiety and depression.
- Anxietyonline - a comprehensive online mental health service offering information, assessment, online diagnosis and treatment programs ("eTherapy") for the anxiety disorders.
- e-hub - a suite of self help web based supports for people with anxiety and depression.
- Kids Helpline - telephone 1800 55 1800 - Australia's only free, private and confidential telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25.
- Reach Out.com - a web-based initiative that offers information, support and resources to help young people improve their understanding of mental health issues, develop resilience and increase their coping skills and help-seeking behaviour.
- Black Dog Institute – an educational, research, clinical and community-oriented facility offering specialist expertise in depression and bipolar disorder.
- http://www.alzheimers.net/ - Get up-to-date resources and advice from professionals with expertise about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.